Thursday, May 24, 2007

drouet wedding--stonington, ct

Wow, what a weekend I had...I had the privilege of photographing Tad and Melanie's wedding in the amazing town of Stonington, CT. For anyone who has never been to Stonington (including me until this past weekend), it is a very small, friendly town with a ton of history and a lot of gorgeous historical houses and buildings a stone's throw from Rhode Island.

My day started at the Inn at Stonington where the bride and groom were getting ready...This inn has been featured in Coastal Living, Travel & Leisure, Connecticut magazine, Boston Globe and so on. It was a truly magnificent place.

Later, the reception kicked off in the Yacht Club and had many entertaining events among which was the awesome flaming buffet line. This chef had flames shooting over 3 feet high!!

However, the highlight of my night was one of the groomsmen outside on the patio doing fire poi...This consisted of spinning 2 oil lamps around and around while they were lit and had flames shooting out of them. It was a huge hit.

The food was great, the music was great--it was a perfect day for a tremendous couple. I had a blast...

I'm off to Portsmouth, N.H. this weekend with my wife before things really start to pick up. Engagement shoots and a busy June await when we return... Pictures from Portsmouth when we get home.

Happy Memorial Day!













No comments: